11/27/12

it's all in the editing

For those that have asked about some of my 'larger than life' photos, rest assured that it's not because my camera is super-expensive or has special powers :) It's all in the post-editing.


I took these 11 photos of a huge tree beside a building (yes, I repeated one to fill in the small squares of the mosaic) and used autostitch to combine them into one beautiful scene. Click here for the autostitch download.and/or more information. 



Of course, the finished scene is not perfect, so I cropped the shot to include what I want to have in the final photo.



Then I used the clone brush in photoscape to fill in the edges. Click here for the photoscape download and more information.

And...voile!!


Of course, sometimes, I just can't leave well enough alone, so I used the 'threshold' button on photoscape to create this:


Please feel free to ask any questions about any of these processes in a comment or email me at tenfootheart (at) gmail (dot) com.


4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

This is a blue-tiful sky!

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Blue Monday, Bettl.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love the blue sky and green surroundings but what you did on the last photo is marvelous!

My BLUE
As always, your comment makes me giddy!

Lorrie said...

These are great tips - I'd never heard of auto-stitch. How fun. And your tree photos are so pretty and green, unlike the ones I showed on my blog! Thanks for stopping by.

Sara said...

Love what you did with the tree, especially the last picture. That must have been fun.

I also had not heard of auto-stitching. It looks really neat. I assume that's what you did with the "roses mosaic." Very nice.